Goedzo?! NiMS Forum Nieuw onderwerp  Reageer
mijn profiel | leden lijst inloggen | registreer | zoek | faq | forum home

volgend oudste onderwerp   volgende nieuwste onderwerp
»
» Mijn recente berichten « | » De actieve onderwerpen van vandaag «
Goedzo?! NiMS Forum » Computers » Messaging » Oms 3.0 user interface --- Help needed!

- UBBFriend: Email deze pagina naar iemand!    
Auteur Onderwerp: Oms 3.0 user interface --- Help needed!
NiMS
Links of rechts?

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 1 geplaatst      Profiel voor NiMS   Homepage     Stuur een nieuw prive bericht       Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
Hello OMS users,

I am quite far in finishing the OMS 2.0 network, and I am planning to create the OMS 3.0 Windows client after that. For the win 3.0 client I'm looking for your help. I have added a lot of new features, but don't actually know where I should place them in the (old) 2.26 app. I've decided to do a rewrite of the complete application, and even create a new, easier to use, user interface.

The new oms network wil come with some new features, wich will be placed in the oms 3.0 client. Here is a complete featurelist (including the old features):

*User management (Create, Change, Delete)
*Offline Users Management (Add, Delete)
*Login,Logout
*Personall Messages (Send, Receive, Delete)
*Offline Messages (Send, Receive, Delete)
*Userlist (Online Users, Offline Users)
*UserInfo (Username,Firstname,Lastname,Country,e-mail)
*Find user
*Status (online,freeforchat,phone,toilet,gaming,eating,meeting,busy,away,donotdisturb)
*Display Names
*Hiding from Other Users
*Chat Window (Multiple users in discussion)

-------------------
My question to you all, how do I place all these features into the new client? And how do you want it to look?

--------------------
People are like pieces of a puzzle. We all fit together, but not all of us connect.

Berichten: 6985 | Plaats: Zeist | Geregistreerd: Jul 2002  | Rapporteer dit bericht aan een Moderator
Budha
Welcome back NiMS

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 1 geplaatst      Profiel voor Budha     Stuur een nieuw prive bericht       Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
Do you want open or closed chat sessions?

Open sessions should be listed somewhere. Maybe below the online/offline users section.

Closed sessions should not be listed. Instead, participators should be able to invite another user to their session.

--------------------
Signatures zijn zooooo 2003!

Berichten: 866 | Plaats: Bilthoven | Geregistreerd: Jul 2002  | Rapporteer dit bericht aan een Moderator
NiMS
Links of rechts?

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 1 geplaatst      Profiel voor NiMS   Homepage     Stuur een nieuw prive bericht       Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
The chat sessions are closed.
You can create a chat, and than add people to it. People that are added, can also add people to it.

--------------------
People are like pieces of a puzzle. We all fit together, but not all of us connect.

Berichten: 6985 | Plaats: Zeist | Geregistreerd: Jul 2002  | Rapporteer dit bericht aan een Moderator
Budha
Welcome back NiMS

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 1 geplaatst      Profiel voor Budha     Stuur een nieuw prive bericht       Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
So you can extend the normal IM window with an invite button. Quite simple.

--------------------

Berichten: 866 | Plaats: Bilthoven | Geregistreerd: Jul 2002  | Rapporteer dit bericht aan een Moderator
NiMS
Links of rechts?

Beoordeeld:
Well actually I was thinking more to create a different chat window, wich you can also see wich users are currently in the chat. And that with on click on this user, you will start a private message with him / her.

--------------------

Budha
Welcome back NiMS

Beoordeeld:
You could hilight the users for the active chat session in de OMS userlist in a different color. A bit like the mouseover but another color and multiple hilights.

Why would you wan't to add an extra list if there is already one available [Confused]
Guess what, you can click on those users and start a private chatsession with them!

I see no reason in complicating the program with more windows which do basically the same. Reuse is possible so why not do that?

[ 25-07-2002, 16:33: Message edited by: Budha ]

--------------------

NiMS
Links of rechts?

Beoordeeld:
Why a chat userlist? You can create more chats with different users. When you have a chat other users can add user too! So there is no idea wich user is in what chat. I think a little userlist in the chat window will create the insight you want to have.

--------------------

Snelle Reactie
Bericht:

HTML staat uit.
UBB Code™ staat uit.

Kant en klare Graemlins

» Mijn recente berichten « | » De actieve onderwerpen van vandaag «
Nieuw onderwerp  Reageer Sluit Onderwerp   Feature Onderwerp   Verplaats onderwerp   Verwijder onderwerp volgend oudste onderwerp   volgende nieuwste onderwerp
 - Printer-versie van dit onderwerp
Spring naar:

Neem contact met ons op | Nims home

Copyright 2004 Ni-Frith Media Systems