Goedzo?! NiMS Forum Nieuw onderwerp  Reageer
mijn profiel | leden lijst inloggen | registreer | zoek | faq | forum home

volgend oudste onderwerp   volgende nieuwste onderwerp
»
» Mijn recente berichten « | » De actieve onderwerpen van vandaag «
Goedzo?! NiMS Forum » Computers » Messaging » Future of OMS. (Pagina 1)

- UBBFriend: Email deze pagina naar iemand!   Dit onderwerp heeft 2 pagina's: 1  2   
Auteur Onderwerp: Future of OMS.
Bulldozer
Half way Member

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 1 geplaatst      Profiel voor Bulldozer         Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
I am using OMS now since quite a few months [Smile] .
Besides many positive points I can come up with, I also have negative criticts, mainly on the consumption of resources by OMS and its' stability.
But what I am mainly interested in now, is what you want to achieve with OMS. Is it something you write 'for yourself', to practise your skills, or do you have bigger plans.
By the way, do you expect this Forum to be in English or Dutch?

Berichten: 27 | Geregistreerd: Jul 2002  |  IP: Gelogd | Rapporteer dit bericht aan een Moderator
NiMS
Links of rechts?

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 1 geplaatst      Profiel voor NiMS   Homepage     Stuur een nieuw prive bericht       Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
At this moment, there is an OMS 2.0 network in developement. This will include much more features:

code:
 *logout
*getservertime

*getuserinfo

*findusers

*getofflineusers
*getonlineusers

*getstatusoptions
*setstatus

*setdisplayname
*getdisplayname

*hidemefromotherusers
*unhidemefromotherusers
*allowusertoseemewhenhidden
*disallowusertoseemewhenhidden
*getusersthatcanseemewhenhidden

ignoreuser
unignoreuser
getignorelist

getuserlist

createchat
addusertochat
removemefromchat
sendmessagetochat
receivemessagefromchat
removemessagefromchat

sendfilemessage
receivefilemessage
deletefilemessage

getmessagestate

What the purpose of OMS is? Actually to perfect my skill and see what I can do for now.
If you have some ideas, just drop it here.

--------------------
People are like pieces of a puzzle. We all fit together, but not all of us connect.

Berichten: 6985 | Plaats: Zeist | Geregistreerd: Jul 2002  |  IP: Gelogd | Rapporteer dit bericht aan een Moderator
Budha
Welcome back NiMS

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 5 geplaatst      Profiel voor Budha     Stuur een nieuw prive bericht       Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
When will the next major update be available?

Budha is a happy OMS user [Smile]

[ July 03, 2002, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Budha ]

--------------------
Signatures zijn zooooo 2003!

Berichten: 866 | Plaats: Bilthoven | Geregistreerd: Jul 2002  |  IP: Gelogd | Rapporteer dit bericht aan een Moderator
Bulldozer
Half way Member

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 1 geplaatst      Profiel voor Bulldozer         Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
My tip is to:
- let the memory consumption drop.
- build in checks in for the 'canvas', in the case that the requested memory is not available.

For the ones, who do not exactly know what OMS is, see: http://www.nims.nl/oms

Berichten: 27 | Geregistreerd: Jul 2002  |  IP: Gelogd | Rapporteer dit bericht aan een Moderator
NiMS
Links of rechts?

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 1 geplaatst      Profiel voor NiMS   Homepage     Stuur een nieuw prive bericht       Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
quote:
- let the memory consumption drop.

I'm affraid that is out of my hands. I have developed it in C++ Builder, and I have no control over the memory management.
quote:

- build in checks in for the 'canvas', in the case that the requested memory is not available.

Same issue here. The canvas error, are coming from the default c++ vcl's. Maybe a fix from Borland will help?

--------------------
People are like pieces of a puzzle. We all fit together, but not all of us connect.

Berichten: 6985 | Plaats: Zeist | Geregistreerd: Jul 2002  |  IP: Gelogd | Rapporteer dit bericht aan een Moderator
Bulldozer
Half way Member

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 12 geplaatst      Profiel voor Bulldozer         Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
Do I understand it right?
You can do as much as Borland C++ Builder can, instead that BCB does what you want?

[ July 03, 2002, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: bulldozer ]

NiMS
Links of rechts?

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 5 geplaatst      Profiel voor NiMS   Homepage     Stuur een nieuw prive bericht       Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
I don't understand what you mean.

--------------------

Bulldozer
Half way Member

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 8 geplaatst      Profiel voor Bulldozer         Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
It just sounds like: You are "only" using ready-to-use buildig blocks, made by 3rd parties (Borland, and others), and features and limitations fully depend on that. In other words, that you don't have (much) influence on the architecture of OMS.
NiMS
Links of rechts?

Beoordeeld:
quote:
In other words, that you don't have (much) influence on the architecture of OMS.
That's not entirely true. You must split the OMS Architecture in two platforms.
The OMS Network (Webservices, PERL, Apache HTTP) and the OMS Clients.
Everyone can write an oms Client.
I have decided to write my OMS windows client in C++ Builder. It has the easy for me to use a lot of precompiled building blocks. It was never my intention to create a platform unindependent CLIENT.
The server is the open architectur, and is the real power of OMS [Smile]

--------------------

Bulldozer
Half way Member

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 6 geplaatst      Profiel voor Bulldozer         Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
That is a good defense.

Just want to add the remark that for (most) users the OMS Windows Client is the Architecture!

NiMS
Links of rechts?

Beoordeeld:
To put your mind at ease. When I have finished the OMS 2.0 network, I will concentrate about the oms 3.0 client.
I hope I can fix a lot of the problems and issues there.
You just have to be a little patient.

--------------------

Bulldozer
Half way Member

Beoordeeld:
Patience is not the average consumer's best quality [Wink] . I am looking forward to 3.0.
(when do I lose the f. Junior status?)

[ July 03, 2002, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: bulldozer ]

NiMS
Links of rechts?

Beoordeeld:
When you have more than 50 posts.

--------------------

Budha
Welcome back NiMS

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 1 geplaatst      Profiel voor Budha     Stuur een nieuw prive bericht       Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
quote:
Originally posted by NiMS:
When you have more than 50 posts.

That's asking for trouble [Smile]

I used VS .NET to create a dummy windows client. I put some panels in it and added a web reference to the OMS WSDL.

After compilation, the clients .exe file was only 28kb large. That gives me good hopes for a full -working- version.

Sadly, the memory usage seems to be very high. 7mb of physical memory and 5mb of virtual memory is used upon startup.

--------------------
Signatures zijn zooooo 2003!

Berichten: 866 | Plaats: Bilthoven | Geregistreerd: Jul 2002  |  IP: Gelogd | Rapporteer dit bericht aan een Moderator
Bulldozer
Half way Member

Beoordeeld:
Icoon 2 geplaatst      Profiel voor Bulldozer         Bewerk/Verwijder bericht   Reageer met Quotes 
Maybe you can rethink your priorities! Maybe from a technical point of view, it is most interesting for you to work on the Network now.
But the Network is doing it's work correctly and speed is also not an issue.
What I think we, the users of OMS, want, is a new version of the OMS Client!
Are there users who support this view?

Dit onderwerp heeft 2 pagina's: 1  2   

Snelle Reactie
Bericht:

HTML staat uit.
UBB Code™ staat uit.

Kant en klare Graemlins

» Mijn recente berichten « | » De actieve onderwerpen van vandaag «
Nieuw onderwerp  Reageer Sluit Onderwerp   Feature Onderwerp   Verplaats onderwerp   Verwijder onderwerp volgend oudste onderwerp   volgende nieuwste onderwerp
 - Printer-versie van dit onderwerp
Spring naar:

Neem contact met ons op | Nims home

Copyright 2004 Ni-Frith Media Systems